Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Date what? like 13 or something? Andrew.

Soooo, ive been pretty busy lately with work and school, but Andrew randomly texted me one day to meet up. I was like you know what? I haven't been on a date in a couple of weeks so lets just do it. So this guy is 28, fellow App Alum as well, and we meet up at this place called Pieces.. this awesome sushi place in uptown Charlotte. I see him and i felt a little underdressed. I wore a flowered flowy shirt, skinny jeans, and flats. He wore designer jeans (rockin republics or some shit), black button down (recently pressed), black boots, and his hair was jelled. Well hello Backstreet boy. ehhhhh

We sat down, had some great conversation, reminisced on the good times in Boone. Yada Yada. The more I talked to him, the more I felt that I would rather go shopping with him on Rodeo Drive in LA rather than go on another date with him. Is he still hiding in the closet? I felt like he might be gay. His voice was very high pitched. Uh oh. Am I wrong? The weird thing was that he texted me later and was like "thank you for going out with me." As if it sounded like I was doing him a favor so that he could tell people he went out with a girl. Poor guy. I felt like a total bitch because when he texted me I was out for Cinco de Mayo... and of course I was drunk so I forgot to text him back.... so 16 hours later I did.... oops :/

1 comment:

  1. As promised -I simply decided to comment on the entire series rather than just one or more specific blog...

    "They say a girl must kiss a few toads before she finds a prince..."

    I thoroughly enjoyed your candor throughout the blogs. I felt like you did not hold anything back, at least consciously. Your somewhat dry, sarcastic observations added necessary humor and intrigue to your literary vignettes (because humor is always necessary!).

    There is a strong, yet somehow subtle, undercurrent of discontent in your "travels." I had a sense throughout that you were not really enthusiastic about the process, as if you were not ready for it all. Or perhaps your past has left you disenchanted. I can relate- I really don't date, as far as people who are strangers.

    There is something missing from this series, however- the author. I did not get a sense of what drives you, or what exactly you are seeking. Your readers would "feel" much more if you demonstrated more of how you feel. The positives about your prospective beaus were limited to superficial qualities and your focus drifted to what made them not so wonderful in your eyes (though therein lies the comedy).

    So with reading this, I would want to see more of "you" coming off the page. I would like to see more examples of what makes you tick, deep down in your soul. What gets your blood pumping in excitement, what makes you all a flutter - what makes you shed tears both happy and sad, what makes you laugh and what gives you motivation. Perhaps a little comparison between how you felt about dating earlier in your life as opposed to here and now. Dig a little deeper, paint a more detailed picture that allows the focus to drift -just a little bit of nuance.

    So that is my opinion as your friend and as a writer who likes to read- and know what goes inside the heads of you fascinating female forms! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete